Morningside Sports Medicine is a state-of-the-art sports medicine facility for the care of athletes and exercising individuals of all ages and abilities. The professionals staffing the centre are highly qualified with experience from around South Africa and abroad working with sports teams ranging from scholars to international athletes. Our mission is simply to make the highest calibre sports medicine care available to all whether you are a world-beater or a weekend warrior!
This facility has a number of unique features including:
- A spacious and fully equipped rehabilitation gym
- The latest Biodex isokinetic muscle testing equipment
- The country's first Multi Cervical Unit neck assessment and rehabilitation machine
- Heated hydrotherapy pool with therapeutic and swim jets
- Spacious change room, locker and shower facilities
- Gait analysis unit and on-site orthotics laboratory
- Multiple private and well-equipped physiotherapy cubicles
- Dedicated hand therapist
- Sports concussion laboratory
- Platelet injection laboratory
- On-site orthotist, casting room and bracing
- A Pilates studio
- Multiple satellite television screens for sports broadcasts
- On site lecturing and audiovisual projection facilities
In addition we are situated next to a Radiology department with digital x-ray, high definition ultrasound, 64 slice CT scanner and an upgraded 1.5 Tesla MRI machine.
A number of specialist orthopaedic surgeons complement the clinicians at Morningside Sports Medicine offering a quick and efficient referral service.